Lyme Disease: Prevention, Diagnosis & Treatment
August 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Workshops by Phone
Autoimmune Disorders, Lyme Disease, Neurological Problems
The latest research on Lyme disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment will be discussed by two leading physicians. Dr. Hedaya will interview Dr. Kenneth Liegner, Board Certified Internist with additional training in Pathology and Critical Care Medicine, practicing in Pawling, New York. Dr. Liegner has been actively involved in diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease and related disorders since 1988, and has cared for many persons seriously ill with chronic and neurologic Lyme disease.
Dr. Liegner has published articles on Lyme disease in peer-reviewed scientific journals and has presented poster abstracts and talks at national and international conferences on Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. His work has focused on the serious morbidity and (occasional) mortality that can eventuate from this aspect of the illness.
They will answer the following questions, as well as your questions:
- What is Lyme disease?
- How does one get Lyme — can one get it from mosquitoes or other animals besides deer?
- How can one avoid getting it?
- What is the range of symptoms that may be seen with Lyme disease?
- How frequently does Lyme disease present with other tick-transmissible co-infection(s)? What are the common tick-borne co-infections that may be seen along with Lyme disease?
- What (if any) is the relation between Lyme disease and auto-immunity? And fibromyalgia? And motor neuron disease?
- What can happen if I have Lyme but it’s not diagnosed?
- How reliable is serologic testing for Lyme disease?
- Are the CDC clinical and laboratory case surveillance definitions appropriate as the standard for the clinical diagnosis of Lyme?
- What are the various treatments for Lyme disease?
- Is bacterial eradication assured with anti-microbial treatment?
Image by Hannah GarrisonJongarrison at en.wikipedia [CC-BY-SA-2.5], from Wikimedia Commons
Login to Access the Free Recordings
Want to find out more?
Achieving good health results from a partnership of a thoughtful skilled medical practitioner and a motivated patient with a vision of wellness. Contact us for information on how we can help you.