Functional Medicine Consultations
If you are already working with a physician, and would like to augment your traditional medical treatment by adding a Functional Medicine perspective, then the Functional Medicine Consultation is a good choice. A Functional Medicine Consultation is less intensive then the full Whole Psychiatry Evaluation. To qualify for a Functional Medicine Consultation you must be under the active care of another physician and have a phone interview with Dr. Hedaya to assess the appropriateness of this type of consultation for your health.
Step One: Contact Us
Fill out the Contact Us Form and the staff will contact you to set up a time for an initial conversation with Dr. Hedaya. If you and he agree on the appropriateness of a Functional Medicine Consult, continue reading below.
Step Two: Forms and Data
The staff will get you set up for your consultation process. You will need to do all of the following before your visit with Dr. Hedaya:
- Download and print the Functional Medicine Consultation Packet
- Complete all of the forms. This includes the Medicare Form (Dr. Hedaya does not participate in Medicare, so this form must be filled out if you are a Medicare participant.)
- Mail in all of your completed forms.
- Mail us copies of all your lab tests (from other doctors).
- Mail us a print out (from your pharmacy) of all the medications you have been on for the last 3 years.
- Mail us a list of all the supplements you are taking.
- Send in a ONE-page summary of the problems you wish to address.
Step Three: Review of Your Data by Dr. Hedaya
1. Dr. Hedaya reviews and assesses all the above data you’ve sent in to determine what additional data he may need from you.
2. He may require lab tests to be done, in which case he will provide the needed requisition form for you. This testing, for the most part, can be done at your local lab (e.g. Quest, LabCorp, or your local hospital).
Step Four: Testing
1. If lab tests need to be done, plan to do them as soon as you receive Dr. Hedaya’s lab test requisition form in the mail.
2. Call the Maryland Office (301-657-4749) to schedule an appointment with Dr. Hedaya 3 [three] weeks from the date you expect to take your lab tests. This will allow enough time for Dr. Hedaya to receive your lab test results from the lab and review them.
Step Five: Visit and Treatment Plan
1. Meet with Dr. Hedaya for 50-minutes. During this time, Dr. Hedaya will discuss your situation, history, and testing with you and set up a Functional Medicine program for you to use with your current physician.
2. Follow-up appointments may be scheduled depending on need.
Want to find out more?
Achieving good health results from a partnership of a thoughtful skilled medical practitioner and a motivated patient with a vision of wellness. Contact us for information on how we can help you.